Verus holds the necessary qualifications and regulatory permissions required to advise competently on pension transfers from Defined Benefits (DB) schemes (aka “Final Salary” schemes).
Three of our staff hold advanced pensions qualifications, which will give you confidence that you can trust the advice we give you in this extremely complex area.
For a fixed fee of £495, Verus Wealth will undertake to:-
- Obtain full details of your Defined Benefits and the Cash Equivalent Transfer Value (“CETV”) offered by the scheme
- Establish your concerns, needs and objectives
- Establish your appetite for risk
- Establish your current financial, health and familial circumstances
- Establish your current expenditure and retirement expenditure expectations
- Build lifetime cashflow models
- Present and explain these models to you, and adapt or amend the models as required following further discussion
- Explain and ensure you understand the risks involved, and the relative merits and demerits of each of the options open to you with regard to your DB pension benefits
- Give our view (verbally) as to the most suitable option(s) in your case
- Explain Verus’s client service proposition
- Explain and quantify all costs and fees you will incur (if a transfer proceeds)
- Answer any questions you may have at any stage
You agree to:-
- Provide us with full and accurate details of your current financial, health and familial circumstances and retirement goals (by completing a “Discovery Questionnaire” form)
- Complete an “Attitude to Risk” Questionnaire
- Provide us with accurate details of your current and anticipated retirement expenditure
- Attend an initial meeting and a cash flow model review meeting (approximately 1 hour each)
- To pay Verus Wealth the agreed fee of £495
* Implementation fees and ongoing fees will apply where a transfer (which has been deemed suitable) proceeds. Typically, these fees are a maximum of 1% of the transfer value (subject to a minimum of £2,500).